>> Feb 7, 2010
The Secret Post Club is an international bloggy gift swap done in a secret Santa style each month (i.e. no-one knows who is sending their parcel until it arrives), with over 160 members around the world.
The secret post club is CLOSED to new members for the time being. If you wish to be added to the waiting list then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to personal commitments it will be at least June before we are open to new members.
Please read the information below carefully about how it works before applying to join.
How it works
- You will be matched to both a sender and a receiver each month.
- These people may be from your country or abroad - you must be willing post abroad.
- On the 1st of the month I'll send your an email with the details of the person to whom you need to send something.
- You won't know who is posting you a parcel until it arrives - please don't spoil the surprise by telling the recipient or dropping hints and clues before it gets there.
- You must post your parcel by the 15th of the month.
- There is a £10 (15€ / 15$) spending cap on the cost of the present.
Sending a parcel
- Please post the parcel by the 15th of the month (so it has a chance of arriving before the month is out).
- If for some reason you can't send something that month let me know, the sooner the better: email@example.com
- When you post the parcel don't forget to include your information, name, blog url, email written clearly.
- You can up to £10 or as little as you like on what you put in the parcel, it can be store bought or homemade - you can sew it, knit, write it, bake it, draw it, anything goes. Keep in mind, if you are spending money, someone else may be sending you a much loved book or a home made CD.
- Package it well. Use jiffy bags, boxes, bubble wrap to protect your contents as needed and remember that brown paper rips in the postal system really easily, if you do use brown paper wrap the contents in a carrier bag inside so they don't get wet or damaged and use a lot of tape at the corners and edges and over the address label.
- If you are posting outside of your customs area (EU, Australia, New Zealand, USA for example) please check that your package meets the customs import regulations for the country it is entering and keep the value low (under about £10) to avoid any import taxes.
After reading the above, if you still wish to join and are happy that you can commit to posting a gift every month before the 15th, then please send the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Receiving a parcel
- When you get your parcel please let the sender know it arrived.
- If you want to blog about what you received feel free - please be kind and link to the person who sent it to you and also back to this page on my blog so others that see it can join if they want. You are under no obligation to blog about it if you don't want to.
- Enjoy it and bask in the warm glow of getting something lovely through the post, there will be another coming next month!
- At the end of each month I will send all members a link to a list of who posted to who, so that if your parcel hasn't arrived you can chase up your sender.
- If your parcel goes missing you will have to take it on the chin I'm afraid, these things sadly do happen occasionally.
Postal name and address:
Likes, dislikes, allergies etc: